March 16, 2012 - Momma's Slight Panic Attack

I've been thinking about this day all week. It hasn't been an "in my face" kind of thinking, more just lurking there in the back of my head. It's not a bad thing really, actually it's about time we took this step. It has been 2 1/2 years, after all.

Tonight, Georgia stayed with a babysitter. Oh yeah... first time ever.

Now to stay she had a babysitter conveys images of hours spent with a young woman while my husband and I enjoy an evening on the town, returning home late and long after Georgia had peacefully drifted off to sleep after hours of fun, right? At least, that's what a night with the babysitter projects in my head. But, um, this first babysitter encounter was much, much different.

First, our "babysitter" is actually one of my husband's co-workers who has a wonderful 18-year-old son of her own. Second, I didn't leave the house until Georgia was already soundly asleep for the night. And third, there (sadly) was no night on the town for my husband and I. He was out of town for work and I work nights... so, hence the need for a little help.

So, I know, once you know the whole picture, the thought of me having a slight panic attack of this is pretty funny - Georgia was fast asleep and left in the care of dependable and knowledgeable hands. But... OK, I really have no defense. And everything went wonderfully. I returned home around 11:30 p.m. to discover that my lovely never made a "peep" and was still sound asleep in her bed.

OK, I think it's time we try this again - but this time with that night on the town for the hubs and I. We are WAY overdue.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP