September 4, 2010 - Leaving the Lake

Goodbyes all around today. It's time to head home.

Goodbye to the tiny cabins with no a/c where we crammed too many people into two rooms and hauled up warm water from the showers to bathe babes in the sink and held our breath to see if the propane stoves would really light and where more people than I thought possible shared one bathroom.


09.04.10 022

Goodbye to the lake that can still make me feel like a child and that still lets me find the most crayfish and that holds waters that chill underneath a sun that warms and where my little crawled on the same sandy shore I played on as a little.

09.04.10 003

lake collage

And goodbye to the family members who cooked us meals and splashed us with lake water and made awesome bonfires and danced with our babies and made us laugh and reminded us of love.

09.04.10 032

Goodbye Lake George. Although we didn't have the time we would have liked to enjoy every secret and delight you have to offer, we will miss what treasures we did find. We might even look back fondly one day in the way, way future and laugh about the lack of air conditioning and hot water... maybe. But although we'll miss your presence, the memories stay with us always.

Ashley Sisk  – (September 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM)  

These pictures remind me of my days at camp. I wouldn't ever really want to stay in those living conditions, but the views are unbelievable. These photos take me back.

Nicole  – (September 22, 2010 at 10:33 PM)  

Your photos and writing are equally beautiful. I really enjoyed it!

Jaime O.  – (September 24, 2010 at 12:33 AM)  

I know Ashley. As a kid I thought it was like our own personal summer camp. As an adult... uh, I had some other thoughts.

And Nicole, thank you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP