October 10, 2010 - Back on That Big Plane, Flying High

Ready or not, we got on the plane at the lovely hour of six a.m. this morning. My husband asks me every time why I find such early flights. We had to get up at 3:30 a.m. for this one. ::yawn:: I get them early because I'd rather get to my destination by noon than six or seven p.m. But when that alarm is going off long, long before the sun has thought to rise, I must admit I'm questioning my logic as well. Thankfully, my memory sucks and by the time I'm booking the next flight, I've forgotten how I swore I never wanted to see 3:30 a.m. again.

So we boarded the plane in Omaha, headed for a layover in Detroit and then onto Atlanta!


10.10.10 011

At the Atlanta airport, we found my sister, Jodi, who just flew in from Montana. It's the first time Georgia had seen her Aunt Jodi since my little lovely was just five days old.

10.10.10 019

They became quick friends.

10.10.10 022

Then my other sister, Jenna, showed up with her two girls in her mom-fabulous minivan to pick us all up. Jodi was like the Pied Piper with those three girls while we loaded up the van with suitcases and a car seat. They would have followed her anywhere. Where she led them was a patch of concrete where they could watch the planes climb into the sky.

10.10.10 028

It's so nice to be home. I've lived in Nebraska for almost five years now and it's where my husband, daughter and I all live together, yet I still feel like I'm home when the plane touches down on the orange clay and we head to the pine-covered mountains in the distance.

I take a deep breath in and EXHALE. I feel calmer... and well, maybe we all do.

10.10.10 031

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP