November 25, 2010 - Turkey Day, Turkey Day!!

Ever since I was a child, I have had this addiction. It's not a bad addiction, actually a rather lean and healthy addiction. There are worse things to be addicted to. And how fabulous is it that there is a day that revolves, in part, around my addiction.

IT'S TURKEY DAY!!!

So of course a big turkey was in order for the day. And it's Georgia's first turkey. Yes, she was here last Thanksgiving, but I believe at just more than a month old, she slept right through it. So I was up at the crack of dawn this morning to get the turkey stuffed and in the oven. After all, I have an unforgiving job and must work today, so the meal must be on the table by noon.

As much work as it is, I actually love cooking the Thanksgiving meal. My mom taught me well and passed along her delightful cooking abilities to me. And I still make Thanksgiving almost exactly as she did. I'll admit, I don't make as many items because I'm not cooking for the army she always did. I hope one day I'll have a lot of family members to cook the meal for... I miss that from my childhood.

But more importantly, I CAN NOT WAIT until the day Georgia is old enough to help me in the kitchen on Thanksgiving. I will lovingly pass on my mother's recipes to her, just as my mother did to me. It will complete the circle. Circles should always be complete.

So this year, a small feast...


11.25.10 002

11.25.10 003

11.25.10 005

11.25.10 007

I hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving this year as much as I did.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP