May 25, 2010 - At Ease

Every work day, after a long 10 hours without my little lovely, I pull into the driveway at 11 p.m. and do that deep breath thing. You know the one - a big inhale and then a slow exhale, as if you can breath out all the crap of the day before walking into the house and your child. And then, even though I know she'll be sound asleep, I can hardly wait to rush inside and get a first glimpse of my baby. The house is always quiet and dark, a big change from my day in a noisy newsroom filled with scanner chatter, the constant clip of keyboard keys, the shuffling of papers, intercom pages, phone rings of every variety and the occasional yelling.

Ah home... and my husband and sweet little. Tonight, this is the image that greeted me and immediately put me at ease.


05.25.10 006

05.25.10 010-2

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP