May 3, 2010 - Reverting Back?

What is it about things you say will never happen? Like I never thought I'd be the kind of mom that would let my house look like the movie set of "Twister" (post tornado), but yeah, I'm that kind of mom. Or at one point in my life, I never thought I'd live in a house that looks like everyone else's in the subdivision, in a subdivision that looks like every other one in the city, yet here I am. Or I never thought married relationships could be made up of two people utterly happy with the other, who respect, love and cherish each other, yet happily, I have one of those. ( I just had to add that one!)

I'm taking the long way around to say this. I never, ever thought I'd say it, but this is starting to look pretty good to me:


05.03.10 BLOG1

No, not the prune mixture Georgia is happily gobbling up. (by the way, yeah for that). No, the fact that she's eating solid food. I thought I'd be one of those moms who struggled one day to begin the weaning process because it's the beginning of the end to nursing. But lately I feel like Georgia and I are taking the way back machine all the way back to her birth. OK, not that long ago, I know, but in her life it is. But those couple of weeks after her glorious birthday, nursing was, well, a bitch. It was difficult and painful and a struggle. Now that Georgia has teeth and has decided (with a grin) to use them in a way not too pleasing to mommy, I'm feeling like I'm right back there in October of 2009.

I know, I know, this will pass and I'll be back to loving every beautiful, bonding moment I spend with Georgia as she lies against me, gobbling up my milk instead of a sticky prune/oatmeal concoction. And it's not like we haven't hit some nursing road bumps before and gotten through them. OK, crater-like, car-swallowing potholes: January 8th, January 14th, January 15th. But it has been a smooth, sunny drive for the most part ever since. And we're working on the biting thing, just like we'll work through all the life bumps ahead of us. We still have almost six more months of nursing to go, so we've got plenty of time. Mommy/daughter time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP