June 16, 2010 - Leaving Little by Little

So maybe it's the never ending cold Georgia gave me or maybe it's the tremendous stress and overload at work or maybe it's the utter lack of sleep since Georgia has decided to start waking up at all (early) hours of the morning or maybe it's just my body saying "it's time." Whatever the reason might be, my milk supply one day just decided to cut itself in half, and it wasn't all too fabulous to begin with. So I'm back to trying these again:


06.16.10 007

Lactation cookies, and I'm debating taking fenugreek like I see so many moms talk about to help milk supply. It's funny how I think most of us moms go into this breastfeeding thing thinking it's no big deal, it's natural, things will just happen like they should. I know I did. But what I found was quite a battle - bouts with Mastitis, surgery, low supply, formula supplementation, low self esteem, and many highs and lows. Don't get me wrong, if I had the choice, I'd do it all over again. I was, and still am, bound and determined to breastfeed my daughter. My goal was to make it to six months minimum and to one year would be ideal. We're at eight and a half months.

Do I want to stop now? Definitely not. Am I tired of all the stress and the pumping and the fighting with something I thought would come so easy? Definitely yes. But I still think it's the right thing and the best thing for my little lovely. Some breastmilk is better than no breastmilk. So battle on, the battle with my breasts.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP