June 20, 2010 - Daddy's First Dad's Day

My loving husband -

You amaze me. I have fallen more in love with you every day, all over again in these last eight and a half months as I've watched you grow into fatherhood. When I watch you with Georgia, I see patience, understanding, wisdom, teaching, learning and love, oh so much love. And just to see the way our little lovely looks at you and hugs you - to see that is to see the purest love ever. She adores her daddy, as I do.


Picnik collage dad2

I don't think any of us ever know what parenthood will hold for us before that big day comes, or what kind of parent we'll be, but honey, being a daddy fits you perfectly. On day one you found your baby-holding arms and learned how to rub Georgia's head just right so she'd stop fussing and quickly mastered the perfect temperature she likes her bottle at during feedings. I love how you tried out different nicknames through the months for her, right now it's "punky." Not to sound cliche, but you are a natural daddy. You care for our little lovely every night while I'm at work, and I know she is loved and secure and in the safest hands ever.

I can't wait to see what each future day holds for this little family of ours, and to see how we mature as parents. And I can't wait to fall in love with you a little bit more tomorrow and the day after and the day after, as I watch you teach and protect and love our little girl. I'd say she's lucky to have such a wonderful loving daddy, but I don't have to say it aloud - she's knows it. Just look at her eyes next time you hold her.

Picnik collage dad1

Happy Father's Day to you and all the dads.

DAD Picnik collage

The Kloeppings  – (June 21, 2010 at 10:01 AM)  

I have to say - you have an amazing gift for writing! I've been browsing back thru your posts and so enjoying every one of them. And your birth story over there on the right side had me in tears (like full on, ugly crying type tears..). So amazing:) thank you for sharing that!

Paige  – (June 22, 2010 at 3:55 PM)  

He's a lucky daddy! Georgia is just beautiful and you are capturing her so well!

Anonymous –   – (June 25, 2010 at 4:47 AM)  

Hi Jaime,
I found your blog through "enjoying the small things" and just wanted to say that your D-A-D picture of your gorgeous Georgia is the most precious picture I've ever seen for a happy daddy's day-simply beautiful! And such loving words for your hubby on his first Father's Day. It is a magical moment in life when you find yourself falling deeper in love with your husband as he holds your first born and becomes "Daddy"...
Thank you for an enjoyable read!!
Monique
From Calgary Canada

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP