July 12, 2010 - She Just Wouldn't Stop Rolling...

... until she got somewhere new. Maybe Georgia woke up this morning and realized the living room was not the "in" place to be anymore. It was time for bigger and better. But how to get somewhere new when you don't walk, don't even crawl? Hmmm, rolling it is. The kid rolled some 15 times continuously to reach... ::drum roll::... the kitchen! Ta-da!


07.12.10 030

I thought she would start screaming the moment her head rolled onto the hard linoleum floor, but baby, she hit it and you'd think the kid had found baby slip-n-slide heaven. She just giggled and laughed, guffawed at times really, as just kicked and pushed herself all over that slippery floor. She did 360's and figure eights and roll-overs and every movement she could think up in that fabulous little mind of hers. My goodness she had fun.

07.12.10 065

07.12.10 061

And there were moments to pause and reflect, but that only led to trying to figure out how to get into the refrigerator...

07.12.10 020

Or the cabinets under the sink...

07.12.10 035

So forget the cardboard boxes and empty water bottles and crumpled up pieces of tissue, and definitely forget the store-bought toys. Give my little one a linoleum floor and you might as well have laid the world at her feet. At least for today, I'm sure tomorrow holds the promise of a wonderful, new discovery.

07.12.10 074

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com  – (July 17, 2010 at 5:00 PM)  

I LOVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS! I just found your blog and have total picture envy. I wish I had pictures like that top one of my daughter when she was learning to roll around. Sniffle. Sob.

Also, your daughter is so precious!! I could just kiss those cheeks all day long. Ooh, and her eyes. Sigh. Well done you =)

 – (July 17, 2010 at 5:41 PM)  

Hi there! I'm new to your blog and just took some time to go through your posts....LOVE THEM...ALL!! I'm a new mom as well...{wait, my daughter is 6 months old, does that still count as a "new" mom?!} The story that you have posted along the right side of your blog is so beautiful....as are your pictures! You have serious photography skills! The images in this post crack me up...especially the one of your little beauty sticking out her tongue. I get that a lot too...along with LOTS of hair pulling {my own, as you also shared!}.

Happy summer to you and your family!

Jodi  – (July 18, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

I love the kitchen floor pictures! I can't wait to play with my little niece.

Love ya!

Alita  – (July 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM)  

It does NOT get any more adorable than that! Great (GREAT) captures chica!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP