July 24, 2010 - We Have a.... !!!!

What? You think I'm going to tell you right away? Where's the fun in that?

I don't know, Georgia finds beating the floor fun.


07.24.10 037-2

It's funny, this journey into parenthood. I'm learning more right now that at any other time in my life, and isn't it supposed to be Georgia who is learning and absorbing everything? But it's amazing what I'm absorbing, I never expected it to be so rich and all consuming. It's not just learning to be a parent, it's learning to love like I didn't know love could be and it's learning more about myself and my husband than I ever knew before and it's learning so much about life and how to TRULY live it.

While I thought this would be all about teaching Georgia, really, she's teaching me to really live - grab it all up, suck it all in, breathe deep and pure and just squeeze the crap out of life. And it's amazing and I have the two most amazing people to share it with.

I learned something else this week, something wonderful that just makes me smile that goofy, I-can't-hide-it-I'm-so-giddy-kind of smile. I learned......

07.24.10 045-2

.... we have a crawler in our house!!!! Georgia figured it out overnight it seems and crawled for her daddy a little on Thursday night and then a lot for me on Friday and then today, this girl is all over the place. It's like she's never gone without crawling.

07.24.10 031-2

And what would you, if you had gone your entire life without being mobile, want to go to that first chance you had to move around? What would pull you in, fascinate you and make you say "I need that!"?

For Georgia, it's the air conditioner vent in the wall. Yep. She can't get enough of it.

07.24.10 020-2

Yes, this week I learned a lot. But most of all Georgia's latest feat just reiterated one thing for me - she is growing up too fast. I'm losing my little baby already.

Laura  – (July 29, 2010 at 11:37 AM)  

Aww, she is so cute crawling around! Congrats on the milestone! It looks like she's at such a fun age. Is she feeling better from her ear infection?

Ashley Sisk  – (July 29, 2010 at 1:35 PM)  

You're such a tease but I love the shots and look forward to hearing what you're going to have!

Carolyn  – (July 29, 2010 at 2:21 PM)  

Aww Yay! for crawling. Your daughter is absolutely adorable. I know how you feel, they sure do grow up way too fast.

Unknown  – (July 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM)  

Oh my word. Your baby is SUCH a beauty! What a sweet, sweet baby girl. LOVE these images!

Jaime O.  – (July 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM)  

Laura - she appears to be feeling better, but we go in Monday for a re-check. Hopefully it's all cleared up. In the meantime, we're on antibiotic #4 - so many chemicals in my little's body. Ugh!

And thank you all for your kind comments!!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP