July 21, 2010 - Poop Was Oozing Everywhere!!!

So as you know, Georgia is on her THIRD round of antibiotics for this stupid ear infection that will not go away. Wait, let me rephrase that. She is on her second round of antibiotics FOR the ear infection. She got the ear infection while on the first round of antibiotics for a cough. At least the cough is gone.

This latest antibiotic, and the strongest so far, came with a warning from Georgia's pediatrician. And why is it these warnings always center around poop? The last one came with a "red poop" warning. This one came with the dreaded "D" word warning.

So as you might have read here, Georgia started this latest and hopefully greatest antibiotic on Monday, after her nine month check up. I gave her the first dose that night.- no change. She got her next two doses on Tuesday - no change. Then comes today.

I should have seen the warning sign when Georgia had a blow out (the diaper kind) this morning. We haven't seen one of those since we started on solids months ago. But I thought she got it out of her system. Silly mommy.

So off Georgia and I go to her daycare - Georgia in her cute little dress and me in a business suit. My routine is to fill out the daily log, label Georgia's bottles and then take her out of her carrier to say my goodbyes and hand her over to one of the ladies there. ::sigh::

We get through steps one and two just fine, and then I pick her up. I'm saying my sweet goodbyes with her safely nestled into the crook of my hip when, what's this? Is there something wet... ugh! Oh yes, Georgia "leaked" all over me, all over my suit and all over the shirt under my suit jacket. Oh, and did I mention it's a tweed suit? Plenty of little fabric crevices for poop to hide. And well, leak is a serious (s-e-r-i-o-u-s) understatement.

That crap (pun intended) was EVERYWHERE! All over my jacket, all over my shirt, all over my hands, all over Georgia's onsie, all over the little dress that went over her onsie, all over Georgia's legs and of course, all over her diaper. It took two of us to get her changed and cleaned up in our attempts not to spread the poop to more locations.

And that's always a call you want to make to your boss. "Um, I'm going to be late to work because I have to go home and change. Why? Um, my daughter pooped all over me. Yeah, really. Yep, all over." And imagine the conversation yet to come with my dry cleaner.

So I used the almighty Shout before leaving the house again for work. Uh, dare I ask what tomorrow holds?


07.21.10 009

Ashley Sisk  – (July 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM)  

Wow Jaime...I've always enjoyed reading through your blog and looking at your pictures but this is the story of all stories...something to hang over Georgia's head when she's older. I can't imagine having poop all over me, but I guess that's the joy of being a mother, RIGHT? Is it hot there? I can't imagine wearing a tweed suit right now. It's over 100 degrees right now and we're all miserable and staying INDOORS. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope she stops having these wild poop sessions. :)

Carolyn  – (July 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM)  

Wow what a story!! Your daughter is so precious. I stumbled across your blog through another blog. Just wanted to say I'm one of your newest followers. I look forward to reading more of your precious daughter.

xoxocaress.blogspot.com

Laura  – (July 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM)  

That story is hilarious! Well, probably not hilarious for you in the moment of it all, but the way you tell it is funny! Babies are lucky they're so cute, us mommies just have to laugh it off when they do crazy stuff like that. I'm a new follower too and your little girl is just adorable.

Lisa  – (August 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM)  

Oh man....that's awful! I hope that it all washed out.
Yuck!

Glinda  – (August 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM)  

BWAHAHAAHA!! Okay, so I've been there. Thanks for the laugh, at your tweed's expense. =/

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP