January 12, 2012 - My Enemy ~ Cleaning

"Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy." ~Author Unknown


Right? Because who wants to spend all their time cleaning house and miss out on just living life? Not me... just take a look around my house right now. Sometimes I'll be driving to/from work or sitting on the floor with Georgia or just taking a few minutes to veg out in front of the TV, and I'll think of all the things that have to be done at the moment, and I'll admit it gets me frazzled a bit. But then I think of all the things I would have had to stop doing or won't get to do if I take the time to get it ALL done - that picnic in the backyard with Georgia, that Play-Doh date we had at her table, the circles we danced to her favorite Mickey Mouse song on TV or the time we spent just cuddling on the couch and doing nothing. No thanks on the wall-to-wall cleaning, I'd rather keep all those moments and the dust bunnies too.

But of course we must chip away at the mess little by little, otherwise I am fairly certain it would smother us. So today Georgia and I did some laundry.

01.12.12 005


Unlike me, and I'm pretty certain her daddy too, Georgia likes doing laundry. In fact, she likes helping me clean. She just says the entire time, "Georgia is helping" and "Georgia helps."

And she is such a big help. I mean, without Georgia's help, who would I have to iron out the laundry by rolling on it?

01.12.12 008


Or how would I ever find the time to see what articles of clothing fit over my head?

Mommy's top - yes
01.12.12 013
Daddy's pant leg - no
01.12.12 018
Mommy's T-shirt - kind of
01.12.12 017
Mommy's fuzzy sock - um... definitely not
01.12.12 016


And Lord help me, without Georgia's help, who would point out when I didn't fold my jeans just right and then snap them up and go running across the room with them to teach me a lesson?

01.12.12 022


Georgia's help just makes those house chores fly by, and even if it doesn't, it sure makes for more memories.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP